I am a CNRS researcher at the interface of mathematics and computer science. My current host lab is the Laboratoire J. A. Dieudonné of Université Côte d’Azur located in the beautiful city of Nice.
My research interests include optimization for (graph) machine learning, algorithmic differentiation and the use of sparsity in these domains. I am currently PI of the ANR JCJC GraVa, dedicated to a subset of these research topics.
Previously, I was a member of Institut de Mathématiques de Bourgogne, located in the city of Dijon, France during 2015-2021 and a postdoc at CMAP, the applied math institute of École Polytechnique, under the supervision of Antonin Chambolle during the academic year 2014-2015. Before that, I did my PhD at CEREMADE (Univ. Paris-Dauphine) under the supervision of Gabriel Peyré.
- Sophie Jaffard (2022-2025?), co-supervised with Patricia Reynaud-Bouret and Alexandre Muzy;
- Matthieu Cordonnier (2021-2024?), co-supervised with Nicolas Keriven and Nicolas Tremblay;
- Mathieu Dagréou (2021-2024?), co-supervised with Thomas Moreau and Pierre Ablin;
- Hashem Ghanem (2020-2023?), co-supervised with Nicolas Keriven and Joseph Salmon.
- Quentin Klopfenstein (2018-2021), co-supervised with Hervé Cardot (now at Owkin).
- SMEMI306 - ECUE: Modeling Studies @Université Côte d’Azur
- AIQDSC26: Optimization for Data Sciences @Université Côte d’Azur
Laboratoire Mathématiques & Interactions J.A. Dieudonné
CNRS UMR 7351, Université Côte d’Azur
Parc Valrose 06108 NICE CEDEX 2, France
github: @svaiter, twitter: @vaiter,